To Minimize Broad/Square Shoulders
Create a vertical at the center of your torso with a V-neckline, placket detail, narrow lapels of a jacket worn open.
Choose puffed sleeves or wide ruffled collars
To Broaden Narrow/Sloping Shoulders
- Make a good pair of shoulder pads your fashion “best friend”
- Select details like yokes, epaulets, bateau necklines, set-in-sleeves, or wide collars to maintain a horizontal shoulder emphasis
- Choose raglan sleeve styles or halter tops
- Select tent or swing styles that flare out from the shoulder line
To Enhance a Small Bust
- Invest in a maximizer bra
- Use layered tops to create visual fullness (sweater over shirt over turtleneck)
Wear bodices in lighter, brighter colors, with horizontal trims and breast pockets
- Wear blouse styles that are tight fitting or too low cut
To Minimize a Full Bust
- Invest in a professionally fitted minimizer bra to distribute fullness side-to side, reducing forward projection.
- Add subtle shoulder padding to balance bust fullness and eliminate downward drag lines in blouses and jackets
- Shift focus upward with interesting necklines, scarves or jewelry. Or lower the focus with colorful skirt prints.
- Choose tapering jackets or over-blouses that end below full hip
- Try blouson styles with just enough fabric to skim over body fullness
- Use horizontal bodice details like breast pockets or short sleeves with contrasting cuffs
- Choose tight or clingy styles or wide belts or waistbands