Because prints and other patterned fabrics (plaids, brocades) are so eye catching, it is particularly important that they work well with your personal color pattern. Prints typically function much like an advancing color within an outfit, so use them most often on body areas you’d like to notice, not one’s you’d rather minimize.
Evaluate the color mix of a print by checking for these factors:
- Individual colors that are in your color fan.
- Overall color temperature that matches yours.
- Overall color value that matches yours.
- Overall intensity that matches yours
- No pale neutrals brighter than your best “white”
- Includes a touch of your hair color